Wednesday, November 25, 2015

YOU CAN DO IT!


A young boy was at the barbershop for a haircut. The room was filled with cigar smoke. The boy pinched his nose and exclaimed, "Who's been smoking in here!"

The barber sheepishly confessed, "I have." The boy responded, "Don't you know it's not good for you?"
"I know," the barber replied. "I've tried to quit a thousand times but I just can't."

The boy commented, "I understand. I've tried to stop sucking my thumb, but I can't quit either!"

Those two remind me of the way believers sometimes feel about their struggle with sins of the flesh.

Paul summed it up well by crying out, "O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?" (Romans 7:24).

His spiritual battle might have left him in despair if he had not found the solution.

Following his agonizing question, he declared with triumph, "I thank God - through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Rom 7:25).

Are you struggling to break some stubborn habit?

Like Paul, you can be an over comer. If you know the Lord Jesus as your Savior, victory is possible through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Confidently affirm with Paul, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phi 4:13)
You can do it!

- Richard De Haan (preceptaustin.org)

No comments: