Saturday, November 21, 2015

Never "All By Myself"


A Methodist minister tells a pretty story of his little girl, who, wishing to speak to him one day when he was in his study, came up the stairs, & finding the door closed, put her small hand on the doorknob.

The child's hand was too tiny to grasp the handle firmly enough to turn it. To her delight, however, the handle turned, the door opened & she ran into the study, exclaiming:

"Oh, Daddy, I have opened the door all by myself!"

She was all unaware that her father, hearing her trying to open the door, had quietly got up from his chair & turned the handle from the inside.

Thus God helps us when we do our best & he makes the impossible possible.

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." - Paul (Phi 4:13)

- Christian Herald (moreillustrations.com)


Jesus said: “I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me – and I in him – bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing." (Jn 15:5)

No comments: