Tuesday, September 29, 2015

THAT'S MY DAD!


You don't have to meet a man face to face to know what kind of a father he is. Just listen to the way his children refer to him.

The respect that children have for their parents can be a good indicator of how much respect they deserve.

One of the Ten Commandments is to honor our father & mother (Ex. 20:12). But how many parents live in a way that is worthy of honor?

I cannot think of a greater tragedy in life than to lose the respect of my children. I would be the most humiliated man if my children were ashamed of me.

But nothing would make my heart beat faster than if my child pointed me out in a crowd & said proudly, "That's my dad!"

A good test of whether you are a father who is respected by his children is to ask yourself, "Do I want my son to be what I am, to do what I do, to go where I go?"

Fathers, remember that never before in all history have your children needed the undivided interest & attention of loving parents as in these days of a polluted moral & spiritual atmosphere.

With the help of God's strength & wisdom, determine to be the kind of parent whose child is proud to say, "That's my dad!"

 - M. R. De Haan, M.D. (preceptaustin.org)

Eph 6:4 (CEV): "Parents, don't be hard on your children. Raise them properly. Teach them and instruct them about the Lord."

"I say to all fathers - be as good as you can be - because your sons and daughters will follow in your footsteps." -  Duane Chapman.

No comments: