Sunday, March 15, 2015

THE RIGHT ATTITUDE


During Thomas Jefferson's presidency, he and a group of travelers were crossing a river that had overflowed its banks. Each man crossed on horseback fighting for his life.

A lone traveler watched the group traverse the treacherous river & then asked President Jefferson to take him across.

The president agreed without hesitation, the man climbed on & the two made it safely to the other side of the river where somebody asked him: "Why did you select the President to ask this favor?"

The man was shocked, admitting he had no idea he was the President of the United States who had carried him safely across.

"All I know," he said, "is that on some of your faces was written the answer 'No' & on some of them was the answer 'Yes.' His was a 'Yes' face."

"The most significant decision I make each day is my choice of an attitude. When my attitudes are right there's no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme and no challenge too great." - Charles Swindoll. (aksermonillustrations.blogspot.in)

“My attitude was and still is like that of David, who was ashamed that the armies of Israel would tremble before Goliath. Without hesitation he stepped forward with complete confidence in the God who had proven Himself to be faithful (1 Sam 17). For David, the size of the giant was irrelevant.” - Dave Hunt.

Num 14:24 (GW): “But because my servant Caleb has a different attitude and has wholeheartedly followed me, I'll bring him to the land he already explored. His descendants will possess it.”

No comments: